H11DSi-NT – does an Arctic Cooling Freezer 4U SP3 fit?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jte

Feb 4, 2022
I’ll be putting together a dual-Epyc machine with an H11DSi-NT board and am thinking Arctic Cooling Freezer 4U SP3 coolers would be nice, given the orientation of the cpu sockets on that board. (So that the cpu coolers move air from front to back in a tower case.)

My concern is the heatsink between the two cpu sockets, more specifically the height of the heatsink: will there be enough clearance around the cpu coolers for the board heatsink?

Has anyone tried using Arctic Cooling Freezer 4U SP3 coolers with an H11DSi-NT board?

Reactions: wizlon

tolga

Mar 7, 2022
Probably not,
check this out. Maybe the new versions of the cooler will be 2mm shorter.

jte

Feb 4, 2022
Thanks for the link. :) I did watch that video earlier, before buying the coolers. My concern wasn’t with the coolers hitting the case wall. That thought did cross my mind (especially after watching the video ;)), but I thought I’d be okay there when seeing how close the coolers in my system-to-be-replaced came to the case walls (a dual opteron with big cpu coolers, same type of case).

It turns out the Arctic Cooling Freezer 4U SP3 coolers do indeed clear the heatsink between the two cpu sockets on an H11DSi-NT board, although not by much…

clearance2.jpg

clearance1.jpg