Gigabyte MZ01-CE1 Review an AMD EPYC ATX GPU Motherboard

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
Whats the price for the MB. I only see one place that listing it for 600.

For home usage, I would build it as an ESXI/AIO with FreeNas. Pass the 16x Sata plus the M.2 slot to FreeNas for storage and use the rest of the PCIE for other VM needs, such as a video card for running desktop etc. I probably get a HBA card to handle NVME storage for local VM and use another slot for 4 port USB card to share USB devices to VMs.

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
Actually really nice mobo. I was complaining that my old Asrock epc612d4u-2t8r comes with both: SAS3 ports and 10Gbps networking onboard. I wish this got 10gbps network - this would make it perfect future-proof AIO board. as @marcoi said.

I'd keep an eye on that though :)

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
Actually really nice mobo. I was complaining that my old Asrock epc612d4u-2t8r comes with both: SAS3 ports and 10Gbps networking onboard. I wish this got 10gbps network - this would make it perfect future-proof AIO board. as @marcoi said.

I'd keep an eye on that though :)
the twin board does include 10GB nice but base-t
https://www.servethehome.com/gigabyte-mz01-ce0-review-atx-server-and-workstation-motherboard/

I rather use a slot for my own nic card so i can upgrade as needed. Plus the one with the 10GB nic has the large heatsink on it in a bad placement, which would be hard to cool. I believe noted in article.

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
the twin board does include 10GB nice but base-t
https://www.servethehome.com/gigabyte-mz01-ce0-review-atx-server-and-workstation-motherboard/

I rather use a slot for my own nic card so i can upgrade as needed. Plus the one with the 10GB nic has the large heatsink on it in a bad placement, which would be hard to cool. I believe noted in article.
I would rather have 10Gbps NIC, SAS ports and four slots available for videocards. But I guess this is too much to ask for. Realistically I don't really need it, but it would be nice future upgrde.