Gigabyte GA-7PESH2 for NAS builds for $179

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AlexHuang

Sep 28, 2019
Markess, thank you!
I have not visited those forums but definitely will. I have very limited linux experience myself. I've heard linux is much better to do this with as the windows software is notoriously finicky.
I've been using USB ports that are probably gen 2. Definately not 3s. I'm plugging directly into the front panel ports of an older machine. Didnt even think about that. I have a nice hub that I can introduce power into from a beefy adapter. Should be plenty.
Thank you Markess. You all have been super helpful.
Hi PBrizzo - any success? Curious to see if you've had any luck.

Cheers,

Alex

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Hey Samir
Thank you for replying. Sorry for not replying sooner. Been busy.
I actually did try this and it didn't work did not work for whatever reasons.

I hadn't thought of calling Gigabyte. Worth a shot I suppose. I received the CH341A programming kit today and the chips should be here soon too. There are a number of BIOS programming services as well that will do it for about $15-20. I kind of want to see if I can use this programmer to do it myself. I'm determined
Thanks again
No problem. :) Busy happens. :D

Great to hear that even if Gigabyte doesn't have a solution, there are bios programmers out there that do in case you can't it working. :)

Reactions: Pbrizzo