Getting vPro remote KVM working on Minisforum MS-01

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

stich86

May 24, 2023
Anyone has succeed with "old" MeshCommander 0.95 (stand-alone app) on MacOS?
If I put Digest/TLS it doesn't pop-up ceriticate trust...

BlueChris

Jul 18, 2021
Athens-Greece
In the life of me i cannot use Remote Control with Mesh commander to install something.
I see the remote screen fine if i have booted. I do restart and mount an iso and then nada... no screen, meshcommander reconnects constantly so till it connects again the machine has allready boot to the normal boot system that i have allready.
Am i the only one with this? i mean what is the point of remote access if you cannot mount an iso and install something remote?

MrSnuggle

Apr 4, 2024
Anyone has succeed with "old" MeshCommander 0.95 (stand-alone app) on MacOS?
If I put Digest/TLS it doesn't pop-up ceriticate trust...
same here. It works with mesh central.
Hey all,

So ive had the same issue that you've been having. I've had a great conversation with the def of: GitHub - BrytonSalisbury/mesh-mini: A faster, bundled version of MeshCommander that runs on localhost in a browser.

We've tackled the issue, and he made this release: GitHub - BrytonSalisbury/meshcmd: Dockerfile for meshcmd
You only need to bind port 3000 to the port you desire.

The version of mesh commander is 0.9.5 and includes certificate handling just like the windows version so you can use your MS-01 with it!

1712228904377.png
(My image is black because i direct my IGPU to various VM's) so it kills my output here

Last edited:

MrSnuggle

Apr 4, 2024
Hey all,

So ive had the same issue that you've been having. I've had a great conversation with the def of: GitHub - BrytonSalisbury/mesh-mini: A faster, bundled version of MeshCommander that runs on localhost in a browser.

We've tackled the issue, and he made this release: GitHub - BrytonSalisbury/meshcmd: Dockerfile for meshcmd

The version of mesh commander is 0.9.5 and includes certificate handling just like the windows version so you can use your MS-01 with it!
Please note that by design (of the creators of meshcommander) this is how MeshCommander works:

If you add a computer to Meshcommander it adds it to the local storage in your webbrowser (Stupid method of saving data which Meshcommander always did). On the windows application it stores it within the applications built in data storage.

On Web based versions of meshcommander like Mesh-Mini and MeshCMD it stores it in the same place but on your local laptop / pc.

1712228838955.png

This is more informational

stich86

May 24, 2023
Hey all,

View attachment 35826
(My image is black because i direct my IGPU to various VM's) so it kills my output here
but if I had MS-01 to MeshCommander 0.9.5 using DTLS I don't have pop-up for the certificate trust, only way is to use the MeshCentral that is running over NodeJS and use a web browser.. No way to to on stand-alone app, only on Windows

MrSnuggle

Apr 4, 2024
but if I had MS-01 to MeshCommander 0.9.5 using DTLS I don't have pop-up for the certificate trust, only way is to use the MeshCentral that is running over NodeJS and use a web browser.. No way to to on stand-alone app, only on Windows
Yeah the node version didnt seem to work for me either. Then i figured out by using MeshCmd you can launch meshcommander with: ./meshcmd meshcommander

and that version connected with certificates. thats why we released this docker :)

stich86

May 24, 2023
Yeah the node version didnt seem to work for me either. Then i figured out by using MeshCmd you can launch meshcommander with: ./meshcmd meshcommander

and that version connected with certificates. thats why we released this docker :)
so no way to stand-alone apps? NodeJS seems better than run a docker caontiner

MrSnuggle

Apr 4, 2024
Depends on your usecase. i run this docker on my NAS which is on 24/7. If something happens to my MS-01 i can log in using that docker.

i also have docker desktop on my pc for my work, and i got a instance runnign there which i can start to use it on my mac.

Anyhow not the best and its better for intel to deploy a new version of this. but yeah what can we do about it.

stich86

May 24, 2023
Depends on your usecase. i run this docker on my NAS which is on 24/7. If something happens to my MS-01 i can log in using that docker.

i also have docker desktop on my pc for my work, and i got a instance runnign there which i can start to use it on my mac.

Anyhow not the best and its better for intel to deploy a new version of this. but yeah what can we do about it.
damn, you're right, I can run on my Synology :)

stich86

May 24, 2023
doesn't seem to start

standard_init_linux.go:230: exec user process caused: exec format error

is it for ARM based or also X86?

MrSnuggle

Apr 4, 2024
doesn't seem to start

standard_init_linux.go:230: exec user process caused: exec format error
I've been running version 1.0 since this morning and it has been fine and i just got this notification as well. i just send a notification to the Dev so i should have a answer soon!

t1174

Apr 3, 2024
Hi all,

After reading this post, I finally make that AMT with MeshCentral work, with remote wakeup and remote access. But I fround out some limitation on MS01 for vPro (AMT).

1) Seem to be not all LAN port can connect for AMT. Only 1 port can be use for AMT in my case, that from left to right, the 3rd one . Also that port with have the MAC addr. list in UEFI BIOS addon as I226-LM.

2) althought that port is a 2.5G port. I can not make it work if I connect that port as 1G port. I have try only 1 10G multi speed switch, it will run on 2.5G but AMT don't work. I have to add a 1G non management switch in between to make the AMT work again.

3) as post #11, it need a monitor and the monitor need to be on for remote access to be work. I am waiting for that HDMI headless plug too.

I hope the above information will help. Thanks