Fusion ioDrive2 Weirdness with Passthrough...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

b-rex

Aug 14, 2020
I have two Fusion ioDrive2 in each of my 8 hosts. They're working fine, for the most part with a couple weird exceptions. Still, they're cheap, even open box/brand new, and they're quick. I picked up four more for my VMware setup and installed them, 2 per host. I've been having issues with them though. I installed Windows on an RDM, configured passthrough. When one drive is passed through, works just fine. When another is passed through, the second device shows a hardware error. During the boot sequence, I can see the devices switch to ready. As the second comes up (goes green), the other goes down (light turns red). I've experienced this one other time and was able to fix it...so I pulled the SSD attached to the RDM and put it in another host without any virtualization to see if the behavior was the same...it was. If I remember correctly, I made a change to the config (thought it was an IRQ setting), but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Anyone have any ideas? I know the drive isn't dead...when by itself it works perfectly fine. It's only when both ioDrive are installed.

Last edited:

b-rex

Aug 14, 2020
No idea what actually fixed this. I forced a firmware downgrade...completely removed driver, reinstalled, made a modification to the device index for each, upgraded firmware...then voila...they both work at the same time. Pretty annoying really. I purchased a replacement just in case, just doesn't seem right.