Fusion IO Dell Firmware replaced with Sandisk FW Card stuck at minimal Mode

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
fio-format it after the downgrade and you should probably be okay if it completes.

tx12

May 17, 2019
fio-format it after the downgrade and you should probably be okay if it completes.
LEB map shouldn’t be missing even after a downgrade. This indicates something was done wrong IMO. However, if drive data is not needed to be restored, reformatting may be a way to restore lebmap on gen2. Certainly not possible on gen3, btw.

I would not try to reformat until I’ll be sure that midprom data is accessible.

SenkanYamato

Jan 2, 2022
Well it works again. Both Modules FW update where succesfull but one can`t attached and had the LEB map error. After some tinkering with fio-format and fio-sure-erase i made a bold move and install the latest 3.2.16 Firmware. Both Modules are working now. The one with the LEB error shows wrong values on the data written. Its like new. That`s ok for me. I know both had ~4 PB written so plenty of life left. If there is a way to fix that im happy to hear but it`s not necessary.
Thanks for helping me out.

Reactions: gb00s

SenkanYamato

Jan 2, 2022
Just an update. The Card can be configured and monitored with the Management Tool too. I used the HP io Sphere. I formated it to maximum Capacity, pushed the Power limit up to 75 Watts, created an RAID 0 and filled it up until 2 GB where left. Had to check if the Modules are really working properly. No problems here. Benchmark values are pretty high for a 10 years old "SSD" and seems ok. High performance format had allmost no improvements even if the drive is empty.

Attachments

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
I wouldn't bother running ioSphere, just use the command-line utils for all card options. No point in running a full blown web server for the same features.