Fully loaded compact NAS (NSC-800)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

maes

Nov 11, 2018
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I don't suppose you could post the STL files for the 3D printed parts @maes ? I'm specifically interested in the file for the 2.5" HDD bracket.
Great build, quite the source of inspiration! Incidentally, I'm also interested in the STL files for the 2.5" HDD bracket, would you mind sharing it?
Sorry for the massive delay, between a bout of surgery, months of recovery and a few other things it skipped my mind for the longest time.

I attached the files for all 3 parts in the zip file, in both STL and STEP formats, as well as a quick picture showing how it all comes together.
You need to print the following:

1x support_bottom
1x support_top
3x holder_bracket

for hardware, you need the following:
4x of the flat-head screws that came with the NSC-800 to mount the original HDD bracket plate. Haven't bothered identifying the thread on those but they're really short.

6x 4-40 x 3/8" pan head or truss head screws
6x 4-40 square nuts (1/4" outer dimensions)
6x 3/32" x 5/8" steel dowels (mcmaster-carr p/n 97395A432)
12x M1x2 o-rings. (metric o-rings, 2mm ID, 4mm OD, 1mm width) (mcmaster-carr p/n 9262K101)

If necessary I can make variants to use small hex nuts, or M3 screws instead of 4-40.

Remember to use matching alloy for the screws and nuts to avoid weirdness. Steel/steel, 8-18/8-18 or 316/316

Attachments

Reactions: BBS