full height PCIE to 2 M2 PCIE

Discussion in 'RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters' started by elag, Jun 21, 2019.

1. elag

elag New Member

I have a aging Freebsd ZFS NAS based on a Supermicro X10SL7-F with 6 WD Reds and 2 Crucial M500 SSD.
    After seeing https://www.servethehome.com/exploring-best-zfs-zil-slog-ssd-intel-optane-nand/ where Patrick points at the Intel 32GB as a ZLOG, I got interested to expand life time of my existing system somewhat.

All my traffic is NFS based, so it uses sync-mode, hence the interest in a faster ZLOG.

As the X10SL7-F board does not support bi-furcation, I guess that I need to look for a PCIE adapater to 2 * M2 PCIE that incudes a PCIE swith. Does such a thing exist, so I can plug in the M10 optanes directly on the board?

2. mb300sd

mb300sd Active Member