EU [FS] Xeon E5 2680v4 SOLD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kingmouf

Jun 15, 2016
Hi,

I am selling the following CPUs:

Xeon E5 2680v4 : 185 eur (including shipping costs for Europe) SOLD
Xeon E5 1620v3 : 35 eur (including shipping costs for Europe)
SOLD

Both CPUs are retail CPUs, not engineering samples or whatever. I bought a pair of 2680v4s in order to update a server in our lab but we finally got funding and we are going for a new EPYC Zen3 server when they will become available. So I updated my workstation with one of the 2680 and I am selling the other. The 1620v3 was the CPU of my personal X99-based workstation. They are both checked and working perfectly. I can provide photos of the CPUs if anyone needs to check on them [UPDATE: check photos below].

I am located in Greece and I can only send to Europe. I think that using Paypal is reasonable, however I am open to any other suggestion that will make both me and anyone interested feel confident and secure. I am an engineer not a retailer or a shop, so I cannot provide VAT invoices and such.

Last edited:

kingmouf

Jun 15, 2016
Update: I will cover the shipping costs, so the prices above are final.

This is a photo of the CPUs btw:

IMG_20210317_091134.jpg

Last edited:

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Hi,

I think your 2680 price is a bit too high - they can be bought cheaper on ebay - in particular if you try your luck with china sellers.

But even then a portugese person is selling one for around 184 EUR - so yeah, a little too high - and usually (not always) people expect prices here to be lower than on ebay - otherwise why bother.

Regards

Reactions: Sogndal94

kingmouf

Jun 15, 2016
Hi,

I think your 2680 price is a bit too high - they can be bought cheaper on ebay - in particular if you try your luck with china sellers.

But even then a portugese person is selling one for around 184 EUR - so yeah, a little too high - and usually (not always) people expect prices here to be lower than on ebay - otherwise why bother.

Regards
Hi Bjorn,

thank you for helping with this one!! I just checked again on ebay and you are right, I cannot match sellers from China. If one is willing to take a gamble with customs and such (or no customs apply where he/she is located) then they surely are a better buy.

However looking for sellers shipping from Europe and considering that my listing of 200 eur also includes shipping, the only other person that sells cheaper than this price, is indeed this portuguese listing. I will try to lower the price further to 185 eur including shipping and let's see. :) If it goes lower than that, then maybe it would make more sense to try to find a cheap dual socket mobo and sell my X99 one with the 1620 as a bundle.

Thanx again for the advice!

Best regards,
Andreas