FS: Xeon E5-2620 V3 alone or with 32GB DDR4 system

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

davidm

Oct 3, 2014
hi all,

I've got the following system for sale.

I'd consider selling the Xeon alone (since it's a lower power, dual processor model, I'd swap in a 1620) for $375USD with full retail packaging.

I can also sell the system without storage or video card (I could include a passive ATI card).

It's a decent workstation which was lightly used, parts are current and still under warranty. Excellent for constant processing including rendering, mixed server/dev/media use or any task where error free computing is important.

* Intel Xeon E5-2620 V3 (6 core / 12 thread / 15M cache, 85W)
* 2 X Crucial CT2K16G4RFD4213 ECC 16GB DDR4/2133 (32GB; easily expandable to 64GB)
* ASROCK|X99M EXTREME4 RT (with M.2 X4 NVMe slot)
* 1 X Samsung 850 Pro SSD, 250GB
* 2 X HGST 4TB HDDs (one new in box)
* ASUS GeForce GTX 960 Strix (passive when not doing heavier rendering)
* Bitfenix Phenom M NVIDIA Special Edition mATX 5X3.5IN 5X2.5IN case (nice-looking compact case)
* Noctua NH-U12 S & Phanteks cooling for a quiet system

Asking price is $1400USD for the above. These are all current generation parts.

Will sell for $1800 with the highly rated BL3200PT 32" display.

I'd prefer a local sale, I'm in Montreal and sometimes Toronto. Otherwise I can use proof of identity & reputation or any proxy system, or (less ideally) run it through eBay. Shipping would be about $80 without the display.

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: MiniKnight

davidm

Oct 3, 2014
This thing isn't exactly flying off the shelf. I'm in no huge rush. but I think the inclusion of a low wattage dual capable Xeon is throwing buyers off. So I'm willing to split it out different ways. For example, just the Xeon, which I'll now accept $325USD for, or I can sell the following:

* Intel Xeon E5-2620 V3 (6 core / 12 thread / 15M cache, 85W)
* 2 X Crucial CT2K16G4RFD4213 ECC 16GB DDR4/2133
* ASROCK|X99M EXTREME4 RT (Xeon compatible, with M.2 X4 NVMe slot)

all with original packaging, for $750 USD. I'll even include shipping. I'd definitely suggest someone could plug in in a 16x0 Xeon and flip the 2620 to a 12 core dual processor setup.

If anyone knows other good venues to sell, please let me know, though I find eBay to be a pain.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
You could try kijiji or hardware Canucks. Might also consider redflagdeals forum

davidm

Oct 3, 2014
I've been leaving sale of this system on the sidelines. But I'm picking it up again and a couple points to add:

1. everything is still under warranty until at least December, with many parts for years after that
2. I've the system and CPU up on Amazon so the sale is more established. Note the listing is in $CAD but it can be shipped internationally.

CPU: Amazon.ca: Buying Choices: Intel Processor Xeon E5-2620 V3 LGA2011 2.4 15MB
System: 32GB Xeon E5 V3 Workstation with 8TB Storage: Amazon.ca: Computers & Tablets

For the Xeon E5-2620 V3 I'm willing to sell it for $300USD shipping included, outside Amazon.

davidm

Oct 3, 2014
I've recently traded the E5-2620 V3 for a 1620. So it's much faster in frequency and memory speed, though 4 cores vs 6. But otherwise the system is still available for the right buyer.

Arne Reddy

Oct 8, 2015
I'm looking for a fast system for video editing. Ideally, a dual-xeon setup.
Can I add a second processor?
What is the price you are looking for?

I am based in UK.

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA

I am based in UK.
This AsRock motherboard only supports 1 CPU.

Trying to fit dual socket 2011 CPUs in a microATX case doesn't seem likely because the CPU's are huge and take up a lot of space by themselves. Also, I don't know of any dual socket microATX motherboards. If you need that type of processing power, you are going to need to move up to a Mid Tower ATX case at a minimum and likely a full tower would be the real target.

davidm

Oct 3, 2014

I am based in UK.
As rubylaser mentioned this is a single processor system. The socket is expected to be compatible with the Broadwell generation E5 Xeons coming out next year, which will have more cores per processor.

I don't know if it would be economical to ship to the UK, but I'm open to it if it makes sense. I'm looking for around $1400USD for the complete system, which is a deal compared to new (all parts are still guaranteed till December or years later).