[FS][US-WA] Dell s6000 40gb switch + transceivers, HP/Mellanox 40gb NICs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
I'm moving away from 40gb so I'm selling off the gear I was using.

Everything will ship from the Seattle area via USPS or UPS. Shipped prices are for delivery in CONUS. I'll accept PayPal for shipped items or cash it you're local.

Dell S6000 24 port 40gb Switch + 15 40gb transceivers - SOLD $425 shipped
  • Includes both PSUs and all fans
  • Airflow direction is back to front
  • Transceivers are Dell part# AFBR-79EIDZ-FT1
    • I mostly used this switch with DACs, but these transceivers did work with an ICX6610 and the NICs I'm selling
9 4x HP 649281-B21 40gb NICs (Flashable as MCX354A-FCBT) - SOLD $30 each + $5 shipping regardless of quantity
  • 7 4Full height, 2 half height + with extra full height brackets
If you want it all(4 cards plus switch) I'd do $500 shipped.

Last edited:

techknight1

Jan 29, 2019
How loud is the Dell S6000? Thinking about getting one, but was curious about how loud it would be. Thank You

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Not that bad relative to other switches I have. I wouldn't put it in the same room I'm working in, but for a closet, garage, etc. with other noisy devices like servers I think it wouldn't stand out.

techknight1

Jan 29, 2019
I am at a crossroads right now. I have a bunch of Dell PowerConnect switches, some force10 (S5000), MikroTik and Ubiquiti. I am trying to figure out if the extra features warrant the extra sound and power consumption. I am not impressed with the MikroTik, seems like there it to much performance loss and ROSv7 is for sure not ready for prime time. Just working the problem and seeing what is actually worth it.