FS - US-TX - 4x Areca ARC-1886-16i Tri-mode RAID cards

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WillTaillac

Feb 28, 2020
As the title says, I have 4x Areca ARC-1886-16i Tri-mode RAID cards

1691127497633.png

These are unused; they were purchased for a server that it turns out they don't physically fit in (they are too long). No cables are included; just the card in plastic clamshell with both full height and half height brackets, in their original Areca boxes.

I checked eBay, there is a single used 1886-16i card on there and it is $900. Retail new is $1300, so I will match the eBay listing and $900 is my price per card.

Reactions: Samir

kromberg

Jan 18, 2021
So why would anyone buy from you when ebay has consumer protection and a bunch of other convinences?
Wow, sounds like you should move over to eBay for your needs. eBay is going down hill quickly. For example, the taxes they calculate and charge far out weigh any 'convinences' it might or might not have.

grenskul

Nov 8, 2020
Wow, sounds like you should move over to eBay for your needs. eBay is going down hill quickly. For example, the taxes they calculate and charge far out weigh any 'convinences' it might or might not have.
The taxes they calculate are legally owed and not paying them amounts to either tax fraud or import fraud depending on your country. They are then forwarded to the respective country, they don't keep any of it. And more important they are paid anyway when the item reaches customs.

WillTaillac

Feb 28, 2020
So why would anyone buy from you when ebay has consumer protection and a bunch of other convinences?
In no particular order:

1. Not everyone likes dealing with eBay.
2. I have four cards, eBay has one.
3. My cards are new, the eBay one is used.
4. I'm identifiable. I am on staff at STH. You can know who I am. My name is Will Taillac, not pretzel729.
5. If you buy through me, you'll either do it in person or via Paypal G&S which comes with its own transaction protection.
6. Because some folks just like keeping things in the 'trading community' as it is. I certainly do. I would much prefer to buy or sell hardware with a STH/HardForum/Anandtech/hardwareswap member than some nameless guy on eBay who has a fair chance of trying to scam me.

rtech

Jun 2, 2021
Understand that you are stranger to everyone that you "know" over internet.
- it would be helpful to specify either if warranty is transferable or if you will provide at least say 7day warranty against DOA.
Since as you say the cards are new/untested?

Reactions: diggitydru

WillTaillac

Feb 28, 2020
- it would be helpful to specify either if warranty is transferable or if you will provide at least say 7day warranty against DOA.
Since as you say the cards are new/untested?
I don't know if Areca warranties transfer. I do have access to the original receipts. Separate from that, I would of course accept a return if they were DOA. I can also test the cards on my end prior to shipping, if someone who pays wants me to do that.