[FREE] [US-OK] Rolling 17U Server Rack - GONE

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jasonsansone

Sep 15, 2020
I flashed them all to the newest firmware even though it doesn’t reflect it in smartctl. Total writes varies but it’s really low across the board. Happy to make deals if anyone wants bulk quantities.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
I flashed them all to the newest firmware even though it doesn’t reflect it in smartctl. Total writes varies but it’s really low across the board. Happy to make deals if anyone wants bulk quantities.
Am after >1.92TB SM8x3's myself but I also could use a few of them for my Precisions. I'll get back to this later this month when I have some actual cash to drop on fun stuff.

jasonsansone

Sep 15, 2020
Shipping isn’t included in the prices but I am happy to ship anywhere. If you want to send me a PM for how many drives, I’m sure we can workout a quote with shipping.

jasonsansone

Sep 15, 2020
Sold @penguinslovebananas the following:

3xMellanox MC2207130-002 40Gb/56Gb Ethernet/Infiniband 2M QSFP DAC Cable.
1xMellanox ConnectX-3 MCX354A-FCBT 40GbE QSFP NIC. Flashed to newest firmware. Low profile backet.

TrumanHW

Sep 16, 2018
Am I wrong in thinking the XL710 comes in both 10GbE and SFP28 ..?

Do you know how many NVMe drives that system would support..? (I'm assuming I could swap the drive config to SFF ...)

jasonsansone

Sep 15, 2020
Am I wrong in thinking the XL710 comes in both 10GbE and SFP28 ..?
The xl710-QDA1 is a QSFP. It supports 1x 40Gbe or can breakout to 4x 10Gbe. I purchased it to use with the 40Gbe breakout ports on a ICX-6610. You can use a single QSFP cable but internally supports 4x 10Gbe which can be setup in LACP in the OS.

Do you know how many NVMe drives that system would support..? (I'm assuming I could swap the drive config to SFF ...)
You can change the backplane but not the drive config. The chassis is physically configured for the 12x 3.5 LFF.

However as an example, I have another system that has an upgraded backplane which supports 4x NVMe. That chassis also has the rear 2x 2.5” NVMe cage. If you add the optane in the M.2 slot and the 1x PCIe NVMe AIC, the system has 8 NVMe drives total plus 8x 3.5 spinners.

Reactions: TrumanHW

jasonsansone

Sep 15, 2020
Is it not possible to add more than 1x PCIe NVMe AIC..? (I didn't realize that if so).

Thanks for the vg info.
Sure, you can but I am limited in slots by other add-on cards. 2x GPU take up four slots, the LSI HBA supports 2x nvme and the SAS backplane, 1x x8 slot for 4x nvme, and then the NVMe HHHL card.

Reactions: TrumanHW