[FS] [US] 24 bay NVME JBOF Celestica Nebula G2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Svorster

Oct 24, 2021
I have a Celestica x2024-m which I believe is the Celestica Nebula G2. It is a 24 bay U.2 NVME Disk Shelf. It will come with 2 PSU's and 2 Modules included but no drive caddys.

I'm looking to sell so I can buy more storage for my other disk shelfs I have. I don't have a nvme HBA(ex. LSI 9500-16e) so I haven't personally tested the item but it powers on with no warning lights and I was told it was pulled from a working environment.

I can't find very much documentation on this item so I'm not sure on a good price. Similar 24 bay nvme disk shelfs go for around the 2k-8k range on eBay and from resellers. So If someone can come close to 2k(OBO) it's yours. I'm in Central Florida if someone is interested in local pick up. Or I can ship in US if you can cover shipping.20220226_091006.jpg20220226_090917.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

aosudh

Jan 25, 2023
Have you open the node up? I have got what is called the first generation of this type of server, And it looks different with yours from picture as I have two mellanox cx516 in each node and I think it at as a controller for nvme-of. interested in the hardware of this machine

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
Yeah @aosudh thats a different product. The one you are describing is probably called Celestica Euclid. There is a public pdf with some information about it. But in general information is very sparse. Not sure if it was ever released to market. If you have the Mellanox version you should also have a Xeon-D and IPMI inside each canister. Pretty cool. I wanted to run one of those as an all in one NAS but could never get it running the way I wanted ( i.e the wrong way )
Datasheet Celestica Euclid

aosudh

Jan 25, 2023
Yeah @aosudh thats a different product. The one you are describing is probably called Celestica Euclid. There is a public pdf with some information about it. But in general information is very sparse. Not sure if it was ever released to market. If you have the Mellanox version you should also have a Xeon-D and IPMI inside each canister. Pretty cool. I wanted to run one of those as an all in one NAS but could never get it running the way I wanted ( i.e the wrong way )
Yeah, I think maybe they're just some pcie switches, but I would love to see it if there are some pcie gen4 switches

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
Yeah so you have an ethernet in the backplane there, and if you have a new version there is a broadcom 1gbit switch (on different vlans if i remember correctly ) so both ipmi and the host get connected.

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
Yeah, I think maybe they're just some pcie switches, but I would love to see it if there are some pcie gen4 switches
So it depends a bit on the population. Each canister has a PCIe switch, IPMI, some ethernet stuff, two pcie-connectors and an optional COMe card header. Not all combinations are possible. But if you have a normal CX5 board you should have the COMe card and one possible position to use a PCIe card ( the cx5). Also 1 or 2 M.2 SATA drives with the OS on it also.

aosudh

Jan 25, 2023
Thank you for your reply and I think you have known my stuff quite well. But I might warn you that there is one thing that stops this machine from being a nas. There are two controller, which means each as these are running in 2x2 redundant mode instead of 1x4, And the original SSD that come with this machine is the obtain D 4800X instead of the P4800X, which extremely limits the performance of the SSDs connected to each node.