FS: Supermicro SAS/SATA drive cage

Discussion in 'For Sale/ For Trade/ Want to Buy' started by chinesestunna, Feb 8, 2015.

1. chinesestunna

chinesestunna Active Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  2. NetWise

NetWise Active Member

I've actually been looking for one of these.... And now notice the + and the 'Enhanced Extended'. Any information on what that means in terms of case selection? I'll go google now but seems prudent to ask here. If I can still find an appropriate case I'm interested.

3. chinesestunna

Yea, wish I did the same :) Basically it's about 1.5" taller above the I/O shield. From my research there's 2 routes: Supermicro chassis that supports EE-ATX (Rev K according to the product page) or some larger full tower enthusiast cases, Lian-Li have a couple of E-ATX cases, the PC-A77 and PC-A7010 specifically.
    My issue was that I have a Lian Li v2000 case and there's a hard plate that separates the case into heatzones and blocks any extra board space above the i/o plate. Ironically I looked at my Antec P280 and it was fine height wise due to the additional cooling/fans up top but wasn't wide enough...

NetWise likes this.
  4. NetWise

NetWise Active Member

Well I'll go review the options. Would be great if I could make this fit something ;)

5. chinesestunna

Yep, one thing I did find is that HPTX cases should work, its bigger and seem to have wider adoption outside of server circles so more info. I seem to recall some folks going that route for EE-ATX