UK FS : Supermicro frankenstein / unicorn machines to make space

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Navvie

Nov 21, 2020
Sorry, that's just the way we store them - we build to spec, so if you wanted 920w psu or 1200w psu we take them off the shelf and stick them in. Caddies included too, again, customers sometimes have a mix of 3.5" and 2.5" to 3.5" so we store them empty.

If you can collect from basingstoke then you can configure as you need.
Just so we're clear.
QTY 4 x Supermicro 4U 24 bay empty chassis with 12G single path expander backplane, could use any ATX motherboard or JBOD power board.

£75.00 each + £30.00 for Supermicro 2U railkit if you need it. Includes the caddies and dual PSU.
£75.00 for an empty 4U 24 bay chasses. 12G backplane. Drive caddies. Dual PSU.
£30.00 if I want the 2U rail kit.

I am happy to collect.

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
Hi - sent you a pm def interested in a few pieces (but not so many that my wife notices )

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
I'm interested in one of these. Takes any ATX motherboard?

Rack rails included? Caddies for drives included? How much?

I'm in Southampton, could collect Monday to Friday. RG24 8NE, what's that, just around the corner from Travis Perkins?
1 last 1 remaining, 2 collected so far, 1 held pending collection...

psc

Jun 30, 2019
Popped down and picked up some bits today. All still in the car, but certainly seems in good condition. Nice chap; a pleasure to deal with. It's a very dangerous place, though; far too many temptations. Thanks @tjsgifan

Reactions: tjsgifan

grandmasterfluffles

Mar 16, 2024
Curious if the SYS-6028U-TN4RT would include caddies/PSUs or if it's completely barebones? Potentially after this and a number of the ST3000NM0043 drives.

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
Still here, have some interested in 4 but just that, showing interest....
I'll probably buy one or two, I put some daft questions on a PM to you, be good if you could reply, or i can ping you my mobile on the PM if its easier...

MrMeeb

Aug 12, 2019
Grabbed some bits and pieces earlier this week. Friendly guys with a lot of stuff, all very competitively priced. They seemed to have anything you could possibly need as a homelabber

Navvie

Nov 21, 2020
Just been to collect and tjsgifan and the guys there are really helpful and really friendly. It's a real alladin's cave of Supermicro cases, motherboards, HBAs... could easily spend a small fortune. Good job I didn't go the day after pay day or take a work van, who knows how much I'd have left with.

Thoroughly recommended.

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
Please take a look at the servero uk website and if you see anything else in the components list for sale of interest let me know. Bulk purchases given priority, but we are clearing out a lot more kit now..

dragon2611

Apr 11, 2024
Regarding the Supermicro SYS-6028TR-DTR systems do you have compatible rails available for sale?

Also Depends on how fast you want to get rid of stuff as Whilst I'd be happy to collect I'm not near Basingstoke until sometime either next week or the week after.

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
Regarding the Supermicro SYS-6028TR-DTR systems do you have compatible rails available for sale?

Also Depends on how fast you want to get rid of stuff as Whilst I'd be happy to collect I'm not near Basingstoke until sometime either next week or the week after.
Yes we have rails for these machines, although fast depleting in QTY. £30.00 per set when bought with a system. Please let us know ASAP if you want us to hold anything for you as we are in the process of packing stock for relocation or disposal.

Thanks!

dragon2611

Apr 11, 2024
Yes we have rails for these machines, although fast depleting in QTY. £30.00 per set when bought with a system. Please let us know ASAP if you want us to hold anything for you as we are in the process of packing stock for relocation or disposal.

Thanks!
Thanks, Still not sure yet (Other than the EPYC' I've already agreed to buy)