FS: Supermicro 836A-R1200B 16 Bay, Supermicro X8DTH-iF, 2x L5639

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

britinpdx

Feb 8, 2013
Portland OR
Update: 12/23/14
SOLD !

Continuing with the downsizing and divestment of equipment, here's a nice Supermicro unit up for sale ...

I'm posting on STH first as I think that the community still has an interest in this type of unit, but I'm also going to post on CL and eBay in a few days, so PM me if you're interested.

The configuration is as follows ..
  • Supermicro 836A-R1200B Chassis [Product Link]
    • 2x Supermicro PWS-1K21P-1R 1200W (Gold) Redundant Power Supplies
    • 16x 3.5" Drive Trays
  • Supermicro X8DTH-iF Motherboard [Product Link]
  • 2x Intel Xeon L5639 CPU (12 cores, 24 threads)
  • 2x Intel STS100C Active Heat Sink
  • 6x 4GB Micron PC3-10600R (24GB total)
  • 2x Dell H310 HBA (SAS2008)
There are a few scratches on the chassis but overall it is in great shape. IMHO it is a perfect mix of capability, expandability and (relatively) low noise.

Points of Interest:
1) The backplane is the direct attach backplane with 4x SFF-8087 connectors.
2) Motherboard has maybe 20 hrs of use.
3) The motherboard implements dual 5520 IOH's and as such has a lot of I/O ... 7x pci-e 2.0 8x slots. ( See page 6 of this link for details)

All of the following photos / screen dumps are of the actual unit for sale ..

1) Front ..

2) Rear ..

3) Power Supplies ..

4) Inside #1 ..

5) Inside #2 ..

6) Inside #3 ..

7) IPMI View ..

8) 2Hr CPU/Memory Stress test ..
(Side note ... fans ( set at ""Energy Saving/ES") did not increase RPM for the duration of the test)

Price and Shipping ...
I'm asking $695 (obo) + shipping, payable via PayPal.

I'm located in the Portland OR area (zip 97229), and I'd be happy to meet up with anyone local, and cash works fine for a F2F transaction.

If you want to arrange your own shipping then I'll work with you as long as it is convenient for me. Otherwise I will be shipping this unit via FedEx. I'll ship this unit within USA or Canada (import duties and taxes are not my responsibility). Final weight and dimensions will be verified by FedEx upon shipment.

I recognize that potential buyers may already have HBA/Raid and memory in hand and not need those components, so let me know and we'll see if we can work something out.

PM me for any questions.

Last edited:

denisl

Dec 20, 2014
I'm interested. Not sure how to PM but I started a "conversation" with you on this. If still available please let me know.