FS SFP-10G-T Review – Another SFP+ to 10Gbase-T Option

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hmw

Apr 29, 2019
There's been several discussions on the forums regarding the performance of NBase-T adapters. I believe reviews for these really need to add:

- bi-directional bandwidth tests

- tests with various switches to see whether they achieve the 2.5GbE/5GbE bandwidth promised

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
I would also expect a test of maximum cable length or cable length vs throughput from an in-depth review

pcmoore

Apr 14, 2018
New England, USA
I'm also curious about the heat generated from these transceivers when run at 10Gb link speeds. I've got a handful of the Mikrotik transceivers, both the v1 and v2, and they all get worryingly hot when used on a 10Gb link; I'm very curious to see if the newer transceivers generate less heat. The 80m FS.com transceiver gives me some hope that it might be an efficiency improvement if for no other reason that it is able to span 80m as opposed to ~30m we see in some of the other transceivers.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
It would also be great if testing these transceivers could include presence or absence of flow control.
While at it, may be worth discussing why it matters (I think it extends upon what @hmw meant with 2.5/5Gbe BW promise).

I think it has been mentioned before, but it would be great if you could pull them apart and look at the chips used, this especially goes for the 80m FS, are they using a different chip than the others? (which were as i recall were using Marvell ones)