FS: Procurve 2910al 48 port GigE 4 port 10G capable (J9147A)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Been thinking lately 48 ports of GigE is WAY overkill for me now that I am mostly 10GbE at home. I found a deal that was too good to pass locally to replace my 2910al 48 port with a 24 port of the same version switch. Good news for you all potentially, my J9147A is on the 'for sale' block. Figured I'd list it here before it heads to ebay. I of course migrated over my two J9008A 10G modules to the new switch so you will all be on your own to hunt those down. The J9008A modules typically can be found on ebay for roughly $350-500 each. So this makes a GREAT switch to get in the 10G game with sub-1K price and upgrade later to 10G or jump in head first and get those J9008A modules. I use it in my home lab which is mostly Virtual Infrastructure running over jumbo-frame end-to-end 10G NFS/iSCSI on this switch.

Figured I'd start at $600, I'm pretty firm right there so let me know if there are any serious offers/parties interested. Think these go for about $700-800 on avg on ebay over the last year or so. Can post pics if desired/requested. She's in pretty dang good shape other than some minor cosmetic ding on front near RJ-45 mgmt port that has absolutely no effect on mgmt port operation and you can hardly tell is even there until you look VERY close at it. Switch runs like a dream, all ports active/tested working. No rack ears :-(

PM me, she's ready to ship in HP procurve box I got my 24 port version in (factory shipping box).

Last edited:

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I don't have a kill-a-watt meter but the spec sheet shows electrical specifications at max current 2.10/1.1A (It's gotta be coming in nomimally under that), acoustic specifications at 41.1dB (pretty dang quiet switch all in all).

If I had to guess I'd say the pwr usage is likely between 60-80watts in full use for me w/ a dozen or so GigE ports and 4 ports of 10GbE SFP+ ports lit up/active (each SFP+ port consumes less that 1watt per port).

Last edited:

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Price adjusted to $525, realistically my ' bottom of the barrel' price otherwise I will re-purpose to the colo to live another life.

~Take care all