FS: OCZ Vertex3 and Vertex3 Max IOPS SSD Drives - barely used

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
Update: All drives sold.

For sale:
6 OCZ Agility3 120GB drives - $50 each
14 OCZ Vertex3 120GB drives - $70 each
6 OCZ Vertex3 Max IOPS 120GB drives - $100 each

I own an enormous number of OCZ Vertex3 and Vertex3 Max IOPS 120GB drives - almost 4TB in total. They are scary fast and have been rock-solid reliable for my research project. So what's the problem? My data set is growing and I'm going to have to buy much bigger drives. I can't really just buy more of the same drives because I'm out of PCIe slots!

So right now I'm selling 14 OCZ Vertex3 120GB drives and 6 OCZ Vertex3 120GB Max IOPS drives along with 6 Agility3 drives. These are darn close to new. They've been used in a development server with great cooling. Because the server uses so much power, I turn it on only when in use, which means that these drives have very low hours. They held highly compressible data, were never filled up, were never "benchmarked" with writes, and mostly performed reads so they have tons of life left - 100% of their life remains according to the SMART attributes but in reality I estimate that I've used up between 1 and 4 of the 3000 NAND write cycles or about 0.1% of their total lifespan. As I said - basically new.
Actually, these drives are better than new. Before adding any drive to my system I perform a series of high queue depth read tests to ensure that they perform properly. About one in twelve of the drives that I purchased formatted just fine but underperformed or even crashed under severe load. There were RMA'd for good drives, which means that the ones I'm selling are fully tested and known-good. The Vertex drives come in their original box and anti-static bag along with the original documentation and the drive sled. All but one drive even includes the little OCZ sticker. The agility drives come in an anti-static bag only - no original packaging. None of the drives have been "registered" with OCZ in anyones name.

I'm offering these for sale quite inexpensively to the STH community. Those drives that you don't want will be going up on eBay, so act fast if you want them. PayPal payment only - or cash if you are SF Bay local. I'll ship them to you via USPS priority mail at cost, which is about $5 for one or a few drives and not much more than that to ship a whole bunch of them.

Update: Sorry about the full STH message inbox. Fixed now.
Update: Quantities left: Agility - 0, Vertex - 0, Vertex Max IOPS - 0

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Fairly certain I have looked at this post a few times today.