FS: IBM Rackswitch G8124

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DrunkenLoliOni

Feb 19, 2016
I have an IBM RackSwitch G8124 back-to-front airflow. I'm moving and I've had some unforeseen expenses so I have to get rid some stuff. I haven't played around with it a whole lot but it works well and was pretty quiet with both power supplies plugged in. Just a couple of small scratches and the label on the bottom has a tear on it. I'm looking to get $400 for it, but I'll entertain other good offers.

Edit: I don't know why I can add pictures to the post so just let me know if you want to see some pictures.

Savant

Mar 15, 2017
Any idea the power draw at idle and under partial load? Its 24 x sfp+ correct? Does it have any additional licensing?

I have an IBM RackSwitch G8124 back-to-front airflow. I'm moving and I've had some unforeseen expenses so I have to get rid some stuff. I haven't played around with it a whole lot but it works well and was pretty quiet with both power supplies plugged in. Just a couple of small scratches and the label on the bottom has a tear on it. I'm looking to get $400 for it, but I'll entertain other good offers.

Edit: I don't know why I can add pictures to the post so just let me know if you want to see some pictures.

DrunkenLoliOni

Feb 19, 2016
Any idea the power draw at idle and under partial load? Its 24 x sfp+ correct? Does it have any additional licensing?
Yes, it is 24 sf+ ports 2 OOB management Ethernet ports and micro USB console port. My meter says it's about 85 watts idling with both power supplies plugged in. 105ish with the fans screaming away. And surprisingly the fans actually slowed down with just one power supply plugged in and it sat at about 75 watts.
No licensing needed as far as I'm aware.