EU FS: HGST 4U60G2 60 disk storage enclosures (JBOD)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rahvin9999

Jan 14, 2016
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Have two HGST 4U60G2 60 disk storage enclosures for sale.
These are the units with the newer controller modules
each units is complete with rails, cable management arm, screws and two Mini SAS HD to Mini SAS HD cables

€500 for one.

Items are located in The Netherlands.
Will ship and have the original boxes they came in. The are heavy and each unit would be two packages.
1 package for the unit itself and one for the rails and cable management arms. Shipping costs to be paid by the buyer. Local pickup is possible.

These take SAS and SATA disks from WD and HGST. Have been using them with 8TB WD Red drives.
These are G2 units with the newer controller that has Mini SAS HD ports.
The G2 units run the fans louder than the older G1 units.

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Maybe some pics?
And some more details?
What kind of drive's do these take ([non-]branded, SAS only, Sata, Size ) etc?
Are those the same 60bay that were on the Great deals section last year from UK?

Is that 500 inc shipping?

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
From UK some times ago, they were G1 version.
The differences between the G1 and G2 versions are minimals (mainly the number of ports and fans regulations as far as i know).
The G2 is louder than the G1

For the rest it's the same. I put 60 HGST SAS 2Tb and they were perfectly detected by the enclosure.
The chassis itself is really really heavy. but with 60 drives in it's a monster.. i was afraid that my support don't resist...

I think that for this price range it's a really awesome chassis. I fully love it !

Rahvin9999

Jan 14, 2016
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
I'd like to see some pictures of your enclosures. Tempting! :)
Will add pics tomorrow. Need to get them in some good light to take them.

what kind of PSU come with this monster?
They come with two 1650W psu's. They have the fans integrated in them and you can run the system on one PSU to save some power. (the fans in both PSU's will run because they share a common power bar)
Take about 75W idle without disks due to the SAS expanders. add to that the power requirements of your preferred disk.
Running mine (the non G2 versions) with 8TB WD RED's

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
should like just plug in an ssd and see. I mean I imagine it should take any sata sas drive...