FS: Gigabyte X99 Designare LGA2011-3 Mobo /w 16GB DDR4 3000

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Selling a combo of a Gigabyte X99 Designare motherboard with 16GB of 4x4GB RAM, G.Skill, DDR4 3000 (f4-3000c15q-16gvrb kit)

Pics: X99designare - Google Drive
Link to board: GA-X99-Designare EX (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Asking price: $265 USD shipped

In this bundle which I'm selling together, I am valuing the motherboard at $115, why so cheap you might ask? Well there is a small but un-exciting story.

Well for starters I found the board really cheap at Microcenter as an open-box/clearance recently-ish. I was looking for a board that had better 24 pin placement for my case due to mis-aligned rubber grommets. So went by and picked it up. I inspected it before I left and it had all the stickers showing that it was tested/good, etc, but I noticed some pins in the socket didn't look right. Like they were possibly tampered with and someone attempted to re-align them to the best of their ability. I would say that it didn't look un-usable but the employee and I both agreed it didn't have that "new socket" look. Everyone knows here there's just something off about a socket that's had a pin messed with versus an unadulterated one.

I took it home, made some of my own adjustments, installed my cpu and ram, and it worked fine. So, bottom line, this is sold as is but to the best of my knowledge I didn't have any problems with the board. I did my usual OC on a 5820k to it, ran the memory at the 3000 mhz OOB setting no problem, and used it for a bit. Nothing hardcore. It was just a cheap little experiment I guess. Pics of socket included.

- Includes all accessories that were in the box when I got it, some interesting DP cable that can be used to re-direct video output through the onboard thunderbolt connector on the rear I/O, sata cables, I/O shield, some RGB cables or something, wi-fi antenna. What you see in the pic is what you get no more no less.

- Ram not pictured but included, it's this: https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c15q-16gvrb

Not looking to part at this time. Thank you for looking and feel free to ask any questions.

Reactions: gigatexal