FS/FT: Supermicro CSE-M14T hot swap racks

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Lumpy

Jan 25, 2018
I'm not a business, I just have more of these than I can ever use. Sometimes I do some consulting on the side for small businesses. This one the owner hired his son years back to be the IT guy who decided to order a full pallet full and only ever used a few. As part of my payment and to make the warehouse guys life easier I ended up with over 40 of these.

These are all brand new but I would rather not put them on ebay because they have a couple quirks

The manual says they only do 3Gbps but I think that is just because 6Gbps wasn't out yet when they were released.

The fan only runs at full speed which is about 12000rpms at 12v.
There is a jumper that will disable the dead fan alarm if you want to plug the fan into a mobo header or add a resistor to quiet it down.

For some reason the top left bay drive activity light doesn't work by default.
All three other bay lights work exactly as expected.
I unplugged the power led from the mobo and ran a wire from the pled+ to ACT_IN pin 1 and that worked perfectly.

Price
$30 plus shipping each

If you want 3+ 25 per plus shipping

Shipping

USPS Priority mail shipped from 55311

Box size 10x13x7
weight 3.5 pounds

Everything will go out paypal with an invoice unless you are local and want to meet up.
Also if you are local and might be interested in a Dell R610 let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Bradford

Indecided

Sep 5, 2015
Aww man, i've got a 3U SMC that could use a couple of these guys. so tempting...
Let me get to work tomorrow and see how many we need to fill it up.

Lumpy

Jan 25, 2018
I should mention it is a standard sff-8484 connection on the cages if you wanted to hook up to a raid card instead of individual sata ports.

Let me know if have any questions.

Attachments

abq

May 23, 2015
Just got my CSE-M14T hot swap racks, they are complete & original, just as promised, Thank You!

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
I got mine from @Lumpy the other day and finally got time to unpack and work with them this morning. Totally new as advertised, and even come with a Supermicro CBL-0103L in the box too for easy connection to individual SATA connectors.
Thanks!

Lumpy

Jan 25, 2018
abq and blinky - I don't post a whole lot so thanks for posting/vouching.

Everybody else - I still have about 25 left if you are interested.