FS: Dual LGA2011 Motherboard, 2 x E5-2640 CPUs, 32GB Reg/ECC (8x4GB), USB 3.0 Combo - SOLD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dave_B

Dec 7, 2016
SOLD

Thinking of playing with an AMD Threadripper setup so I need to sell my current 12 Core/24 Thread dual LGA 2011 Server/Workstation core components. You can use any standard LGA 2011 HS/Fan that might be used on a typical X79 or X99 motherboard. You will need a power supply with dual 8-pin connectors and at least 0.5A on the -12V rail to boot up. Looking for $325 shipped.

• 1 x Intel S2600CP2J Dual LGA2011 SSI EEB 12" x 13" Motherboard
  • 2 x E5-2640 6C/12T (12C/24T Total) CPUs (2.5 GHz, Turbo 2.8 GHz to 3 GHz)
  • 8 x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1333 Reg/ECC DIMMs with Heatspreaders
  • 1 x PCIe x1 USB 3.0 Card

The combo works perfectly, having completed the entire suite of AIDA64 Engineer tests, the AIDA64 Stress Test, and Prime95 Stress Test. The motherboard has on-board video but can also use any PCIe x8 or x16 video card in the bottom blue PCIe x8 slot which is connected to CPU1. The other PCIe x8 blue video slot connects to CPU2 and will not display video during boot up. The BIOS has setting to select the on board video or a PCIe video card. You can also use the top PCIe x16 slot for mini ITX size video cards, anything larger there will conflict with the DIMM slots behind. The USB 3.0 PCIE x1 card has the Renesas chipset that works with this motherboard and both connects to the case front panel and provides dual USB 3.0 ports at the rear panel.

The board has two SATA 3-6 Gb/s ports and four SATA 2-3 Gb/s ports for drives. There are still 8 open DIMM slots if you want to add more RAM. I used some Noctua NA-RC7 Low Noise Adapter (LNA) cables (NOT included) to slow down the fans and keep the system quiet as it is difficult to accomplish this with the BIOS FRUSDR settings. The combo will be very well packaged with the CPUs and memory installed in the motherboard and will be insured for the sale price.

I have Heat and Beer under DaveB.

Last edited:

Dave_B

Dec 7, 2016
Sorry somehow that very important information got deleted in the editing process!!