FS: Dual E5-2670, 128Gb ready server - add storage

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

katit

Mar 18, 2015
I built 2 servers. One is in use now. Idea was to keep second as a spare or on stand-by but I just don't see why would I need it in my current scenario. Hence - it's for sale.

Here is my build thread:
Intel S2600CP/P4000, 2 servers

Basically, I got all parts, built it. Updated BIOS/firmware on all parts. Passed all CPU/MEM tests. Hard drive loaded with Win10 which I used for testing stuff.

Basically new server which went through burn-in. Front panel has 16 2.5 bays. 6 bays connected to on-board SATA (2xSATA3, 4xSATA2). Intel SSD is in SATA2 port - idea is that it's OS drive.

List of parts and prices I paid (bought 2x at the same time so saved on many parts).

$40 - SSD S3500 Intel 80Gb
$62.99 - Intel FCPUPMAD Air Duct Spare for S2600CP In P4000
$74.54 - Intel AUPSRCBTP Heat Sink
$157.50 - Intel P4216XXMHEN Server Chassis 4U Rack, 550W New + I/O shield
$65.99 - Intel AXXRMM4 Remote Management Module
$465.51 - Intel S2600CP Motherboard w/ Dual E5-2670 SR0KX , 128Gb. Ram
-----
$866.53 - TOTAL

I'd like to get my money back + shipping. If you are in St. Louis, MO area - we can meet.

Server weights 47lb, + package(5-6lb?)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Zack Hehmann

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
katit, have a quick question, under the usb section in bios, do you see 2 keyboard, 2 mice, 2 hub even though you only have 1 set of keyboard and mouse plugged in? I don't know why my s2600cp2j setup says I have 2 keyboards and mice when I only have 1 set plugged in. thanks.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I use IPMI, never used KB or mouse with it
so without keyboard and mouse plugged in, how many do you see when you check in there any way? b/c mine still shows 1 kb and mouse in that section even without any actual keyboard or mouse plugged in. with a keyboard and mouse pluged in it shows 2 kb and mice....

Kal G

Oct 29, 2014
so without keyboard and mouse plugged in, how many do you see when you check in there any way? b/c mine still shows 1 kb and mouse in that section even without any actual keyboard or mouse plugged in. with a keyboard and mouse pluged in it shows 2 kb and mice....
The one you're seeing is used by the IPMI controller.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
kal, is that what you see in your set up too?

i don't have any remote management module installed on mine so not quite sure why it is enabled like this. i think this phantom set of kb and mouse is preventing the computer from entering sleep properly unless i disable allow wake from sleep for the mouse and kb. So what's the way to disable this phantom set of kb and mouse in IPMI?

Last edited:

Kal G

Oct 29, 2014
kal, is that what you see in your set up too?

i don't have any remote management module installed on mine so not quite sure why it is enabled like this. i think this phantom set of kb and mouse is preventing the computer from entering sleep properly unless i disable allow wake from sleep for the mouse and kb. So what's the way to disable this phantom set of kb and mouse in IPMI?
Yes, that's how our productions systems look without any peripherals connected.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to disable it and I can't take these systems offline at the moment. I'd be curious if you find a solution.

Kal G

Oct 29, 2014
I found this link on intel site:

BIOS Detects Two Keyboards, Mice, and Hubs For Intel® Server Boards...

Kal, is this what you talking about? i've spent days looking at all the setting inside bios. Don't see any way to disable this at all :(
Yes, that's it. Are you sure that the BMC emulated keyboard and mouse are the culprit?

Some things to try:
- check the power settings in the BIOS (particularly those that deal with system power states)
- update the BMC firmware
- update the BIOS

You can also contact Intel support about the issue. It may be something they've seen before.

Also recommend moving this to a dedicated thread.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
i am on the latest firmware. on balanced performance setting. if i don't disable the allow wake from sleep for both sets of kb and mice inside windows, when it tries to go to sleep, it would like power down everything but then power back up the fans and everything almost immediately but with screen blanked. It would stay in this state for about 1 min before completely power down everything again and sleep like it supposed to.

But if i disable allow wake from sleep for both keyboard and mouse set inside windows, then it would enter sleep immediately like all the other computers i have. and would stay in sleep.

No trouble exiting sleep in either case.

This is the reason why i think it could be related to the bmc emulated kb and mouse being culprit. I've tried to ask around but really got no answer from anyone else here. I guess most people just don't put theirs into sleep?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Quick question:

Difference between AXXRMM4R and AXXRMM4LITE? one has a dedicated NIC and other just use the built in NIC? any other difference in capability?