FS: Done - see new thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Joseph Nunn

May 11, 2016
Irvine, CA
SR1Y5. I want to double check, but believe it turbos to 3ghz. If you mean specific bin speeds based on # of cores active - any advice on best way to check that on a running CPU? Thanks. :)
I don't know how to check, but I think you have a good deal going there for those CPUs. I have to think this over verrrrry carefully... :)

Joseph

h0tw1r3

Oct 30, 2014
United States
zaplabs.com
SR1Y5. I want to double check, but believe it turbos to 3ghz. If you mean specific bin speeds based on # of cores active - any advice on best way to check that on a running CPU? Thanks. :)
According to cpu world (grain of salt), the feature differences from retail are no enhanced speed stepping and no VT-d. But when you do a side-by-side, it's only missing trusted execution. I'm very interested, but lack of VT-d is a deal breaker.

SR1Y5 (Intel Xeon E5-2676 v3)
SR1XS (Intel Xeon E5-2670 v3)

Could you provide information on the CPU features?
If Linux the output of `cat /proc/cpuinfo`, `dmidecode`, and `lscpu`?
If Windows, CPU-Z screenshots?

Interesting fact from Wikipedia, they were made for Amazon.
List of Intel Xeon microprocessors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Checking processor turbo on linux I used i7z.

Last edited:

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
According to cpu world (grain of salt), the feature differences from retail are no enhanced speed stepping and no VT-d. But when you do a side-by-side, it's only missing trusted execution. I'm very interested, but lack of VT-d is a deal breaker.

SR1Y5 (Intel Xeon E5-2676 v3)
SR1XS (Intel Xeon E5-2670 v3)

Could you provide information on the CPU features?
If Linux the output of `cat /proc/cpuinfo`, `dmidecode`, and `lscpu`?
If Windows, CPU-Z screenshots?

Interesting fact from Wikipedia, they were made for Amazon.
List of Intel Xeon microprocessors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Checking processor turbo on linux I used i7z.
I'm pretty sure CPU world is wrong and that these do support VT-D - my motherboard shows enabled and my unraid system gives me the option of passing through keyboard, mouse, and vid card to a VM. They definitely speedstep/turbo. I can try to get you a CPUZ screenshot tonight. Going to see if I can figure out how to determine the speedstep bins, as well. :)

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
See below for some additional info on the CPUs. The black screenshots show info as shown by Intel's extreme tuning utility, and has about the best info I can figure out re: binning.

I successfully passed thru an AMD 6450 GPU on my unraid VM, so the CPUs appear to support VT-D. :D

Edit: can't get my imgur links working, so uploaded pics as attachment.
Edit2: PMs replied, and big price drops on P3700s for next 24 hours. I have an offer on ebay that I may otherwise accept. :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: T_Minus

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
Thanks! Still simmering on my ebay offer, so someone else should feel free to snatch them up!

Couple more xeons sold, couple more drives pending.

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
Bump, replying to some PMs, couple more items shipped/sold. Item count in OP not exactly current, so will look to update tonight. Thanks.