FS: 8TB QNAP TS-869L +HP 1810-24G

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gannon

Sep 8, 2014
I have a brand new in box QNAP TS-869L with 8x1TB Seagates for sale:
QNAP, Inc. - Network Attached Storage (NAS) - Products - Products - Storage - Home & SOHO - 8-Bay - TS-869L

Currently up on ebay:

Qnap TS 869L 8 TB NAS With Drives | eBay

Will take offers here for less than the ebay price if anyone is interested.

Brand New, was just surplus to requirements, never used, direct from Amazon. Client decided they wanted more storage.

Currently 1245 GBP (1560 EUR) on Amazon:
QNAP TS-869L 8TB (Desktop Class HDD) High-performance 8-bay NAS server for Home and SOHO: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Located in Ireland but will throw in free postage (courier) for a good offer.
Pics:
ebay-4487.jpg ebay-4488.jpg ebay-4489.jpg

Gannon

Sep 8, 2014
Bump willing to drop price for a quick sale.

Also have a brand new in box HP 1810-24G straight from HP that I need to shift. Looking around 200 EUR

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
I would suggest trying to sell the hard drives separate from the QNAP. I would have a hard time getting excited about spending roughly $2,000 USD for only 8TB of storage (Seagate Desktop class drives). Synology devices are nice, but with XPenology available now, many users here just roll their own at a substantial discount.

As an example, I could build an inexpensive dual core Haswell machine with 8GB of RAM in a U-NAS case for around $450-$600 dollars for XPenology. Then I would still have $1,600 left for disks. HGST 4TB NAS disks with the current promo make them $165 each. Meaning that I can buy (9) 4TB disks, put one on a shelf as a cold spare and maybe have a few bucks left over. This would give me 32TB of raw space (with NAS class drives) or 24TB of RAID6 protected space.

I don't mean to be a downer, but I think you need to make this value proposition more appealing to have a chance at moving this along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gannon

Sep 8, 2014
Yup thats a fair point, this box was a customer request well outside of my normal purchasing (I'm more used to SSD based SANs) and I takte the point the value proposition is weird, just hurts me to break up new in box hardware =) Cheers for the advice =)