AU [FS] - 42x 32GB Hynix DDR4-2400 ECC RDIMMs - Lenovo 46W0833

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Hi,
Are those compatible with Supermicro X10SDV ?
cheers,
S.
X10SDV's take regular RDIMM up to 32GB in size - so to find out if they are compatible, all you need to do is look up the part number and ensure its not LRDIMM - I have never experienced servers not being able to use any kind of RAM as long as its the correct type.

They might piss and moan (Dell, HP etc) if its not "certified", but supermicro does not do that kind of shit.

So if they are RDIMM, I would put my head on the block and say they will work :)

Reactions: Samir

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
X10SDV's take regular RDIMM up to 32GB in size - so to find out if they are compatible, all you need to do is look up the part number and ensure its not LRDIMM - I have never experienced servers not being able to use any kind of RAM as long as its the correct type.

They might piss and moan (Dell, HP etc) if its not "certified", but supermicro does not do that kind of shit.

So if they are RDIMM, I would put my head on the block and say they will work :)
I would add to that X10SDVs support different speeds. I have some -4C (D-1521) which support 2133Mhz and some -8C (D-1541) which support 2400Mhz. 2133Mhz can be had for $25/stick or possibly less on eBay.

Reactions: Samir