FS: $0 Free stuff! (Local SF Bay *open to shipping now*) Motherboards, random other stuff

Discussion in 'For Sale/ For Trade/ Want to Buy' started by sfbayzfs, Jun 9, 2019.

1. sfbayzfs

sfbayzfs Active Member

** Update - I am now open to shipping stuff for shipping costs rounded up for all of you non-local folks **

Hi all,

I am trying to make space, so for local folks, I have some free stuff, which is useful, but I don't have room for it anymore! (Is anyone looking to ship a few 2U, 3U/4U?)
    • Some boxes used to send 2U, 3U and 4U chassis' to me, which are filled with Instapak expanding foam with an empty space for the chassis which used to be there.
    • Closed cell foam blocks, some still stuck together as corner protectors - the type of foam original shipping box inserts are made of, great packing material, and I have accumulated too much of it, I have an extra large box or two of this stuff.
    • 2x Supermicro X7SLM-L motherboards with Core 2 Duo CPU, CPU coolers, and 4GB DDR2
    • 2x Supermicro X7SB3-N0015 motherboards with Core 2 Duo CPU
    • 1x nonworking Supermicro X7DVL-E motherboard w/ 2x Xeon 5130 - might just need a CMOS reset or something similar, I'm sure I booted it a year or 2 ago before storing it
    • Dell 24" monitor in perfect shape *except* a capacitor in the power supply popped, and I can't find my soldering iron. Great monitor, easy fix - 1920x1200, lots of useful inputs - DVI, VGA, S-video, Composite, Component, sound bar compatible, USB hub, and card reader.
    • Antec 3x 5.25" bay modules for mounting 3x 3.5" drives and a 120mm fan
    • Supermicro SAS1 expander backplanes - mostly 2U 12-bay, I thought I gave them all away, but found another stash of them.
    • 8' fluorescent fixtures (dual bulb) with some working bulbs, I think I have 6 of them. (not computer related, but if you can use them, enjoy!)
    I'll add anything else significant I can think of - PM me to arrange local pickup (hopefully soon!)

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    roswellian, BLinux and Aestr like this.
  2. sfbayzfs

sfbayzfs Active Member

Adding new items (motherboards), removing items which are gone (fans, some boxes)

3. Samir

Samir Active Member

My wife would absolutely kill me if I brought those motherboards home...even though I could give them a good home.

4. Serverking

Serverking Active Member

@sfbayzfs You got pics?

5. Samir

Samir Active Member

How far would you be from Foster City?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  6. Markess

Markess Active Member

These are the times my wife appreciates that we moved from the Bay Area. Not as much free/inexpensive stuff for me to collect up here in Sacramento.

7. Samir

Samir Active Member

LMAO!!!

I'm lucky that my wife's job keeps us near good tech deals. :D I'm not so lucky when I bring them home, lol.

8. sfbayzfs

sfbayzfs Active Member

I can bring smaller stuff into SF, larger stuff would have to be picked up in Oakland

9. sfbayzfs

sfbayzfs Active Member

Unfortunately the pics my phone takes are too big for the forum, so I don't end up posting pics here very often.

I am planning to take some pics of both FS stuff and cool builds and then scaling them down for the forum, we'll see how much life gets in the way of that.

Samir likes this.
  10. Samir

Samir Active Member

Gotcha. Yeah, going into the city is something I never like, and my wife would like it even less if she knew why. :D