FriendlyElec CM3588 + Nas Kit

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chriggel

Mar 30, 2024
I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. I think it's a funky little thing to play around with, but it has no ECC and doesn't scale well beyond 4x4 TB raw capacity right now. 4x8 TB would be the limit and would already carry a substantial price increase per TB over the 4 TB solution. If you're ok with these limitations, then it could be worth it. It's not entirely unique though, a similar setup is also possible with a Pi and some manufacturers have all flash NAS barebones available.

Reactions: Pietro395

Pietro395

Apr 8, 2024
I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. I think it's a funky little thing to play around with, but it has no ECC and doesn't scale well beyond 4x4 TB raw capacity right now. 4x8 TB would be the limit and would already carry a substantial price increase per TB over the 4 TB solution. If you're ok with these limitations, then it could be worth it. It's not entirely unique though, a similar setup is also possible with a Pi and some manufacturers have all flash NAS barebones available.
The way I'm thinking now I would use 3 x 2TB disks.
From what I see Jellyfin should work with HW acceleration, my usage would be 1 max 2 streams at 4K