Foundry EdgeIron 48p Switch with Xenpak module

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
Shipping:
US $40.00

you can get much quieter switches for about the same price. I love the FOUNDRY name but that shipping is murderous.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I didn't know shipping to Canada was a requirement. I assumed (incorrectly) that this was for a US purchase.

The XenPacks for 10GB is out of this world pricing because it's so old. You can find cheap modules if you are going the fiber route.

Nnyan

Mar 5, 2012
I'm a big fan of Foundry, have lots of good memories with those units. That unit isn't very loud at all compared to most things on the rack (with only 164 BTU's) BUT the main reason is that these don't to well in heat, Max operating temp is 50C so keep that in mind. Also for whatever reason the 48 port versions have a significantly lower MTBF (47K hours) then the 24 port. If I recall correctly these tended to have an overall higher failure rate.

Reactions: Jon Massey

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Friends don't let friends buy Nortel 5520's, FWIW.

But if you're willing to live with me being a jackass, I have a shelf full of them you could probably have. (Don't do it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nnyan

Mar 5, 2012
I'm curious too b/c I generally found Nortel/Avaya stuff pretty good. I don't judge Nortel any worse then most stuff out there. At least I was able to find and download the latest firmware for my new Nortel switch which I wasn't able to do for the Brocade (need and active support contract) I was considering.