flash a Lenovo 530-8i to a 9440-8i

Discussion in 'RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters' started by Anthony A, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Anthony A

Anthony A New Member

Hi Guys,

I found some older threads that indicate its possible to flash a Lenovo Raid back into its original LSI?

this is fairly newer anybody is aware the procedure will work? (its a lenovo 530-8i eqiv to LSI9440)

We are trying to make them work in other systems than Lenovo and are realizing that there is not way to get into the bios of the card to manage the Card (except once windows is installed)

I did find on Lenovo website that the card is configurable through "UEFI Human Interface Infrastructure (HII)" - but i have no idea how to get to it.

2. Johan Brems

Johan Brems New Member

Also a long time reader but never registered but seeing this topic made me register.

I also have 530-8i available, if some can guide me to the files or something to flash it that would be a huge help

3. BLinux

BLinux Well-Known Member

interested in this topic too...

for starters, looks like this card is based on LSI SAS3408 chipset, which is a MegaRAID controller.

link to LSI firmware download:

MegaRAID 9440-8i