Firmware for HP LTO 6 Full Height drive from Oracle

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

aido

Feb 23, 2017
Hi,

I bought a used HP LTO 6 full height fibre channel drive and unfortunately the one that arrived differed slightly from the listed pictures in that it's pulled from a Storagetek SL500 / SL3000 or SL8500 library.

I have the latest firmware from the HP site but unfortunately you can't load that on to this drive as it's the Oracle variant (who bought Storagetek).

The model number is shown as AQ278D#700 and the Oracle part number is 7048527 revision P006

I have access to Oracle software support but unfortunately this doesn't cover hardware so I don't have the rights to download the LTO firmware from My Oracle Support.

Does anyone have access to a live Oracle hardware contract who could please see if the firmware is available on there and possibly grab it please?

I'm currently running firmware J39S and I've seen a random problem where the drive threw a drive specific error when slowed down by writing lots of small files which I'm hoping may be fixed by a newer firmware.

I've written two full tapes worth of large media files (with two more LTO6 tapes arriving today to try and finish the job off) but only have a few days left before I can return to eBay if the drive does have a hardware fault.

With thanks in advance