Firmware Flash on Broadcom 9361-16i - Oracle OEM version

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AlexH

Sep 12, 2014
Germany
Hey Guys,

I just bought a couple of 9361-16i (oracle label) controllers from ebay. They are working fine with latest LSA and drivers from broadcom website but when I try to update the firmware to the latest broadcom version I always get error messages telling me that the firmware file doesnt match the card ("not signed") and I should contact support. No matter if I try to flash in Windows with the LSA tool, in UEFI or via storcli in the motherboards efi shell.

I never had those problems with oracle oem 9361-8i cards of which I thought are almost the same except for only having just two 8364 ports...

Anyone having the same issue and knows how to solve it? Or does somebody have an Oracle account and could provide me the latest firmware for those cards? Or any other things I could try?

I remember that for crossflashing the M1215 you had to shorten some pins - maybe theres such a solution in this case too?

Thanks a lot!

AlexH

Sep 12, 2014
Germany
Hey Folks!

in case anyone is interested in my odyssey....I finally was able to flash the latest Broadcom firmware on the controller but not very handy or customer friendly yet....

Steps:
-shorten jumper j4 on the controller
- boot into freedos
-use megarec3 (which I found in the crossflashing h330 thread - thank you!)
- perform a clean flash
reboot
- remove the jumper j4
- boot into freedos
- use megarec3 to perform a flash via m0flash x ....rom

Now the controller has the latest genuine broadcom firmware on it and works fine BUT I still cannot use the normal process for upgrading firmware like HII Menu / Storcli / LSA utility

If I try to do so theres still the same error, by the way the error message is "Signature not part of the image" (or something like that)

Also the "nosigchk" and "noverchk" commands change nothing on that.

I keep on trying...

Reactions: Sleyk

damien_c2

Aug 23, 2021