Firmware dump request: Mellanox CX-3 Pro MCX312B-XCCT

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

arglebargle

H̸̖̅ȩ̸̐l̷̦͋l̴̰̈ỏ̶̱ ̸̢͋W̵͖̌ò̴͚r̴͇̀l̵̼͗d̷͕̈
Jul 15, 2018
I've got a request I'm hoping someone here can help with: I need a full dump of the flash off of someone's card. I'm trying to cross flash an IBM CX-3 Pro intended for a power architecture machine that won't initialize properly on x86_64.

I'm hoping there's something in a normal firmware outside of the area the firmware updates touch that I'm missing that's preventing me from booting because right now I can't get the card to show up at all unless I use the flash not present recovery jumper.

If someone could run the command below and send me a link to the image I'd really appreciate it, this's my last shot at salvaging this before returning the card to the ebay vendor I bought it from.
Code:
flint -d  <device_here> rb 0 2097152 fulldump.bin
I've already run through every diagnostic I can think of, using someone else's full flash image is the last option I've got left.

Last edited:

xengine

Mar 28, 2019
I got the card one day ago, do you still need the dump bin file?
BTW, the command should be:
Code:
flint -d  <device_here> rb  0 2097152 fulldump.bin

Attachments

arglebargle

H̸̖̅ȩ̸̐l̷̦͋l̴̰̈ỏ̶̱ ̸̢͋W̵͖̌ò̴͚r̴͇̀l̵̼͗d̷͕̈
Jul 15, 2018
Hey, thanks a lot! I'll pop the card back into a machine and see if I can't resurrect it. The seller refunded me in full and I've had it sitting in a box for six months. Will update in a bit~

edit: It was worth a try, but it's still unresponsive. Thanks!

Last edited: