Fav spot to shop

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Those of you who order from retailers/online what are you favorite spots to shop for SuperMicro branded equipment? I usually go through ebay or SuperBiiz and maybe WiredZone depending on the deal.

What else? Am I missing any other retailers?

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Used stuff: Ebay. There are a few shop that sell refurbished or used servers and network devices but it's still pretty expensive and can't compete with ebay prices (+ taxes shipping to EU).

(EU/Germany)
New supermicro (and other server) equipment:

sona.de
They have almost everything that supermicro sells. Ordered there a few times and the items were shipped within 2 weeks.
I liked them really much, but had to cancel my last two orders because they didn't have items they had listed on their site on stock and shipping would take more than 4 weeks.

cls.at
Austrian shop, similar experience like sona.de. They have a lot of stuff listed on their website listed with availability of 3-5 days but after 3 weeks still no shipped items and no communication from them that it might take longer or that there are problems.

Pricewise they are not the best shops, but they have a huge supermicro inventory.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
+1 for Sona.de for new Supermicro stuff - very good customer service too :)

niekbergboer

Jun 21, 2016
Switzerland
@i386 I'd like to buy there too; I live in Switzerland, and that market is small enough that less-than-mainstream products are often available only through speciality importers that charge 3 arms (from the same body, no less) and your firstborn.

Do you know of any German sites that ship to Switzerland the proper way? That is: without adding the 21% German VAT, where I will then pay the 8% Swiss VAT.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Can't you simply get the 21% refunded in the postal office? I though that was the way to do it Switzerland...
Or have you asked them whether they'd do that? Sona I mean :)