Extra eBay bucks now through 3/7 at 1159pm PT

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by WeekendWarrior, Mar 6, 2018.

1. WeekendWarrior

WeekendWarrior Active Member

Just noticed on eBay that you can activate 6% eBay bucks on any purchases from now through tomorrow night (3/7) at 1159pm PT. That could add up if you have some large purchases you've been waiting on (assuming you can still get a good price).

DELRAYDATA likes this.
  2. hweisheimer

hweisheimer New Member

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like it's 8% if you use the app versus the web site, as well.

3. keybored

keybored Active Member

These are usually targeted; i.e., not available to everyone, and they vary them from 6% to 10% depending on your purchase history.

4. mmo

mmo Active Member

it's definitely targeted, it happens quite often that they offer 6%, 8%, or 10% eBay bucks to targeted account. I've never ever received any of these :(.

james23 likes this.
  5. james23

james23 Active Member

same for me, i order items via ebay atleaste once a week, and ive never seen these types of offers (nor ebay bucks at all) .. including checking app and web for this particular offer.

I guess ebays algo calculates that they already got me hooked in (good calculation :/) :(

6. Marsh

Marsh Moderator

Sign up a new Ebay account, like me , I am getting ebay bucks coupon all the time.
    My original Ebay account since 1999 are not receiving any ebay bucks coupon.

7. WeekendWarrior

One trick on this particular deal (maybe others also?) was that the maximum bucks on any single transaction is $100 and total redemption for one period is $300 but they allowed purchase stacking (separate purchases each providing $100 bucks).

8. WeekendWarrior

Sorry for general announcement then - never seen it before so couldn't tell it was targeted ...

9. keybored

keybored Active Member

If you buy all the time then you're less likely to get coupons of any kind, at least not any useful ones. They usually target you when you haven't bought or sold anything for a while. So, it helps to have multiple eBay accounts. IIRC you can have up to 3 eBay accounts according to their TOS, but don't quote me on this; I haven't looked in a while.

To receive eBay bucks you have to sign up first. They don't enable eBay Bucks by default. I remember the sign up link/button being hard to find, but not impossible if you look for it.

If you have an old account, you will also need to enable some extra communication preferences under My eBay -> Account-> Communication Preferences -> Promotions and Surveys.
    I never received any eBay Bucks promos until I enabled "eBay Surveys and research", "General email promotions", and "Seller email promotions". Don't know for sure whether the first one is necessary; I just never bothered to check after enabling all 3.

10. BLinux

BLinux cat lover server enthusiast

i got this offer! but only on my "buyer" account. my "seller" account, which has little buying activity, did not get this offer. i rarely get these types of offers anymore, but i did get this one.

my offer was 6% on website, and 8% via mobile app. so, if you got this, make sure to complete your checkout on the mobile app to maximize savings. although, honestly, i hate ebay bucks; they make you wait 3 months before you get them, and then you have 1 month to spend it or lose it; i don't shop for things i regularly use on ebay, mostly only if i find a good deal on something, which might not happen within a month.

DELRAYDATA likes this.
  11. DELRAYDATA

DELRAYDATA New Member

can anyone suggest where to buy good quality CAT 6 patch cord at a good price? I hear Monoprice is ok. Thanks DD

12. DELRAYDATA

DELRAYDATA New Member

I got the offer too but I also got a $10 coupon with $30 spend but they are not transferable:(

13. Joel

Joel Active Member

I just wish I hadn't bought a $1000 laptop literally the day before this promotion...

14. DELRAYDATA

DELRAYDATA New Member

did you see any quality CAT 6 patch cord at a good price?

15. BLinux

BLinux cat lover server enthusiast

no, real geeks make their own cables :p

16. chilipepperz

chilipepperz Active Member

17. DELRAYDATA

DELRAYDATA New Member

lol