External GPU enclosure for single slot low-profile (budget) GPU?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lwwl

May 2, 2021
I am looking for a small enclosure for a very small budget GPU: single slot (and in my case low profile but the case can be for a full height card). Most options seem to be for gaming/ multi-slot GPUs with large power supplies and very pricey. I have a somewhat limited budget for this.

Is anyone aware of any solid low-cost options for a small card like this one: NVIDIA T1000 ? Maybe there are some pci-e enclosures that could work.

I do some fairly simple GPU based work (very simple CUDA coding for prototyping) and I'd like to be able to connect it to my portable computer without getting yet another large case on my desktop.

mattventura

Nov 9, 2022
I think DIY is the only way to do it on a budget.

AliExpress has plain old boxes where you can mount the GPU and a PSU for 45-75 dollars (search "gpu enclosure"). Then all you need is a card for the host system, a cable, and the PCB for the enclosure.

I cannot confirm this fits the enclosure, but if you have an appropriate M.2 slot, this kit would provide you with everything else you need. There are other kits depending on what you need, or you can buy the three parts individually.