Expensive hobbies

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jemplayer

Jun 25, 2016
Gulf of Mexico
Computer stuff is easily my cheapest hobby. I'm also not into flipping gear as I tend to use it till it literally has more value recycled then my time trying to sell it.

Become an audiophile. Guys out there spend more on used power cables then some of us have in our while network. I try to keep things sane, but it's still not the cheapest thing. Especially when you start to go down the rabbit hole of vinyl.

Keeping my eyes open for a dedicated SACD player. Also thinking about upgrading my phono pre amp and am wondering if I upgrade my tone arm would i notice a difference? I would have to spend about $1k on each of those components to see any improvment.

Never mind constantly buying new music, each record is roughly $20, more if you want to buy directly from the artist website, like I do if I'm an uber fan, because they charge you shipping.

I'm also a guitar player. If you thought I spent alot on my stereo....

Between the guitars them selves, several amps, dozen or so pedals, recording interfaces, computer software, and cables to plug everything togeather best not to ask. Let's just say I have a rider added to my home owners policy to cover my more expensive guitars, and really need to get a special provider to cover the rest of my gear just in case even though I dont gig.

I do flip music gear pretty often. Looking to sell an amp to get another amp and some pedals to fund other purchases. I try to flip something everytime I want something else to at least offset the new most haves cost.

Reactions: cactus