Exercise in Recovery

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Heavy21

Sep 1, 2012
I am seeking assistance to restore as many files as possible from my HP EX495 to my all-in-one (AIO) computer.

The HP EX475 was recently set up enough to provide back ups for several household computers. Initially everything appeared to be working fine but over the last two weeks, the HP started exibiting problems: Cannot connect to server messages; network light went from solid state white aqua to breathing white aqua, and light bars went from solid state to off. No observed warnings of backups not being completed. No fixes started before starting a two week business trip.

Returned from the trip and AIO wouldn't boot, its local HDD died with data unrecoverable without expense of data recovery lab. While I'm sorting out fixing the the HP faults above, I'd also like to know is it workable to uninstall the drives from the EX495 and install the same drives into my inactive HP EX475 to access the data for my AIO.

Reinstalling the drives feasible, feasible with specific cautions or, fogetaboutit? Both OEM machines are running OEM OSs. Appreciate any troubleshooting advice for the HP EX495. After swapping out cables (power and CAT6) with other gear, it doesn't appear to be a cable issue.

Thanks in advance.