EU [EU-SI] Lenovo m75n-iot (not verified) new with linux 179 EUR/win 11 pro 199 EUR

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Hey guys.
Not sure if it's a good deal, message if not but just looking around these cost above $300 new elsewhere.
I'm not in EU and never heard of this shop but it seems like they have a good offer on m75n-iot variants

I disclaim any warranty here, do your research, call, email, ask.
Patrick's review of this https://www.servethehome.com/lenovo-thinkcentre-m75n-iot-fanless-edge-device-with-6w-amd-cpu/
My comments and first-hand experience with m75n-iot: https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...ot-fanless-edge-device-with-6w-amd-cpu.34313/

As it stands, my device has been running for 1y+ with just few maintenance and upgrade reboots, no issues whatsoever, but it's really low-performance machine as mentioned in review. I use it as standalone LTE router and it never ever had problems with 7455 modem.

DieBlub

Dec 11, 2017
Seems decent if you need that specific size and package. However, it is just about 20%/25% faster singlethreaded (multi about 1%-3% ish) compared to a J4125 or J4105 which you can find in a similar size package f.e. int he Futro S740 for significantly less. Also I just checked that 3050e has a Vega 3 GPU which is Raven Ridge and afaik that means no AV1 decode in case somebody is wondering about that.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Sure, I agree it should cost less. For the reference of my price estimation, I recently got a brand-new HPE G9 2U server in the most basic config (1x2603v4, other socket without heatsink) for 70 bucks shipped. And I still think that should cost less, because it's basically barebones...
But it's not some JMUXBHSAURHJA manufacturer from amazon, it's Lenovo :cool: (who are also known for vendor-locking down recent Ryzen and EPYC CPUs). All hail lenovo! </sarcasm>

Reactions: DieBlub