EPC621D8A + Quadro RTX 5000 + Win 10 blank screen issues

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Hey guys,

so I have a EPC621D8A with a W-3223 and a Quadro RTX5000 on it.
I am trying to do a (game performance) comparison between virtualized and physical system with this box.

My problem is that as soon as I install the GPU drivers the screen goes black and thats it. Uninstalling the drivers fixes the issue, reinstalling them recreates it.

I have tried
- Installing Win10 Enterprise & Win10 Pro ( updating to latest feature packs each time)
- Different NVidia drivers (current vs 450 WHQL)
- Turning off onboard VGA in Bios

I spent hour's on that crap and I can't get it to work...
Any ideas?

Thanks

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So, weird fact -
replaced the 5K with a 6K and that one worked right away.
Moved everything to another monitor too... and another PSU... hmm, will need to do more tests

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
have you tried a different cable ? or display ? maybe the driver enables settings the display can't do.
pull out the cable after the screen gets black and plug in again after some seconds. what happens then ?
have you looked here ? specifically the part about the DP cable non VESA

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Same cable is working perfectly fine with the same LG 4K monitor with another RTX5k on a 6700k build
I tried replugging, added a second monitor too, nothing

Will need to test to plug the now working setup into that 4 K monitor again tomorrow.
Will do my test first though, was supposed to be a quick comparison... spent way way too much time on problems with this Asrock board (which might be totally innocent o/c).