Enterprise Wireless with local management

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
Hi all.

I'm pretty happy with Aruba APs at home, but wondering what enterprise (or SMB) APs are managed locally or have that ability? Or better say: what APs can be used at home without enterprise contracts ?
Obviously, looking for roaming features .k .r, some extra features to play with, but nothing more than that.

Ther's Aruba that works great and manager locally. I believe Ruckus does that too, but I'm not sure how does that work with multiple APs.
What about Cisco that come with integreated WLC, Extreme networks and others.

Thanks,
Vic

kpfleming

Dec 28, 2021
Pelham NY USA
Ruckus APs can be managed locally with Unleashed (in the APs) or Zone Director (separate device). Cisco CBW series can be managed locally in the APs. All of these support multiple APs with roaming, and mesh as well, if needed.

I've got some CBW APs I'm ready to sell as well.

Reactions: Vesalius

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
I suppose a distinction should be made with "locally" vs. "contractless". Because locally suggest "without central management" ;-)

Reactions: rocketpanda40

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
I suppose a distinction should be made with "locally" vs. "contractless". Because locally suggest "without central management" ;-)
Locally contractless is ideal, but contract less (aka public cloud) is good too.

Local management = Aruba,
Contractless = extreme networks, tplink omada (if I understand it right)