Enabling UEFI Boot On Lenovo S30 With Quadro P400?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

abq

May 23, 2015
Hello All,

I know this is a long shot request, but does anyone know where I can get an UEFI OpROM for my Quadro P400 Card? And instructions on how to upgrade the card?!? ...I would really like to use my fancy P400 card with UEFI boot & operating systems, so any help is much appreciated:)

I have a Lenovo S30 Workstation with E5-2667V2, 64GB of PC3L-14900 memory, Intel 3700 SSD, and latest BIOS. But I cannot use UEFI boot, because my video card doesn't have an UEFI compatible OpROM/Boot Rom. Computer locks up with beep codes, and requires BIOS jumper reset if I enable UEFI boot with P400 in machine. ...Yes, I know I could buy a modern UEFI video card, or install software under older MBR standard, but my goal is UEFI boot, GPT boot drive, with P400 card.

Thank You In Advance For Any Help!

zir_blazer

Dec 5, 2016
Thank You for link. ...looks rather complicated and incomplete, but I may give it a try, nothing to lose. Have you done anything like this?
Yes, to create a Radeon 5770 Fimware with UEFI GOP for QEMU, so that it could work in a pure UEFI environment with OVMF. I could also flash the ROM to the real card if I use a special version of the UEFI GOP that fitted in the 128 KiB ROM of the Radeon 5770, as most UEFI GOPs generated a modded ROM bigger in size that worked in QEMU but couldn't be flashed to the real card for obvious reasons. This was a 5750/5770/6750/6770 specific problem mostly.

The procedure is rather simple, you had to drag and drop your current Firmware to one of the BAT files, it would tell you what it currenly had, and offer you to mod it with several GOP Drivers (You need to check what GPU die it is). Then you will have to flash it so you can use it.
I suppose that you're risking a brick the card if the Firmware is no good, but doubt that you can't reflash it to fix it for as long that you have another Video Card that you can use as main display.