Emulex LPe12000 PCIe Fibre Channel Adapter

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
May 6, 2015
Hi,

I bought 3 HBA Emulex LPe12002 (dual port) to use in 3 Servers Dell R710.

I want to link 3 Servers Dell R710 running VMWARE 5.5 to HP Storage MSA2040 SAN.

The transceivers (GBIC) on Emulex is HP AJ718A 8G SW FC SFP+ PN 468508-001.

After making the wiring, the Storage does not turn on any light regarding the connection, the Emulex lights green and one orange that is flashing (4 times).

I do not know how to solve this problem.

Please, help me.

Thank you!

Deci

Feb 15, 2015
Are you sure you have the tx/rx fiber the right way around? or checked that the lead isn't faulty?

They should auto negotiate speed and then light the the corresponding light on solid for a connection, the light flashes to indicate data transfer

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011
This sounds like one of those cases where FC is kinda like ethernet - you need the physical link working before any of the higher level stuff will work. Or the ethernet analogy - don't even bother with troubleshooting TCP/IP issues if the link-led's on your NIC aren't lighting up.

But I'm afraid theres not enough information posted yet to do any real troubleshooting of the problem. Lets start with the physical layer - can you describe exactly how all of this is currently connected together. I'm guessing you are going for a direct-connect setup (no FC switches), connecting port 1 from all 3 servers to one of the MSA controllers, and port 2 from all 3 servers to the other MSA controller. But if you do have a FC switch or two involved that makes a difference in setting things up.