E5 2696 V3 Monero mining problem.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tamah

Jun 11, 2017
Wow thanks, A pretty bad result here.

I'm making 550h/s with minergates. That's only 0.09675 $ per day. This is crazy low for such insanely huge investment. Why some people still mining crypto coins. And why I'm even here with my empty bank account. :(

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Personally, i just have it running on machines i have already and would already be running regardless mostly sitting at idle. As long as it is making more than I am using in power the rest is just a bonus. If it was going to cost me more than i was making i would not do it

poutnik

Apr 3, 2013
That is also my impression. Bad investment to buy PCs just for mining. (Might be a little better with graphic cards, but also not that wonderful). It's only useful if you already own the computer and the machine is already running for whatever reason - then the increased power consumption is (greatly) offset by the mined earnings.

I have recently bought an Intel 2xE5-v1 rack server with 12x disk space, which I was eyeing for quite some time to upgrade my current server. It's doing some ~800H/s. It would have to run for almost a year (10months) to pay itself off - providing both the difficulty rate and XMR exchange rate will stay the same - which they obviously won't. So I'm thinking about skipping the payoff part.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Wow thanks, A pretty bad result here.

I'm making 550h/s with minergates. That's only 0.09675 $ per day. This is crazy low for such insanely huge investment. Why some people still mining crypto coins. And why I'm even here with my empty bank account. :(

Did you not research this before the purchase?

I started mining on pc's I already had.

Then I researched the best bang for the buck before I bought two open compute servers and bought used cpu's and the cheapest ram I could find.

Ended up being able to match the performance of a dedicated GPU rig at half the price.

Only went with the OC servers because I wanted to mine a cpu mine-able coin.

My OC servers would not do as well on coins that are better for gpu's.

You HAVE to investigate before you spend your money, a lot of people are mining on pc's that they already have and would be on already and thats what I did at the start.

Reactions: poutnik