Do A12 rails fit on the dell r320

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

UnknownPommes

Aug 28, 2022
So i got a r320 laying around on the floor since a couple months now, it was very cheap and wanted to do some testing on it but it didnt came with rails.
i am looking for rails since then but all of them that mentioned r320 where very expensive (100€+)
I found a quite cheap listing for a12 rails (08N0JT) and from the pictures it looks like they might fit, do they?
or do you know any sources where you can get them for cheap, i remember for my r710 i payed like 30€ for rails a couple years ago.
thx :)

UnknownPommes

Aug 28, 2022
Based on Dell documentation it looks like they won't fit. Granted I just skimmed through it real quick. Looks like they recommend A7 A8 or A10 rails for the R320. It shows the A12 rails as being compatible with the R340 and R350 models. If I were to guess my bet is the pin size or spacing was changed.

thx, yeah i also looked through that but i have heard from several people that they use rails that are not "officially supported" and from the images it looks like they might fit.
So yeah i asked by, maybe someone here uses them with r320

Reactions: What_Is_Computer