DL180G6 with M1015 (IT mode) - selecting boot drive question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ljvb

Nov 8, 2015
I recently picked up (and posted in an older thread, but I am starting a new one) DL180G6 with 25 drives. I replaced the P410 with 2 IBM 1015s (I also tried to Dell H310s flashed to IT).

Booting off a boot disk via USB, I Can see all of the drives. In the BIOS, I can only see the controllers, and change the boot order of the controllers. I am unable to select any actual disks. When I go into the controller config, I can see the expander, but it does not show any of the drives at all (I have seen screenshots of other expanders and they seem to show the drives, so you can select a boot drive).

Not sure what to do at this point. It is driving me insane. Hopefully someone here will know the answer. I did download the most recent hp SPP and updated the firmware where I could (I did put the p410 back in for that process).

Kevin Meijer

Jun 12, 2017
Netherlands
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I seem to have the exact same issue with my LSI9211-8i, anyone got a clue on how to select the primary boot device?