Disk spin down with Storage Spaces

Discussion in 'Windows Server, Hyper-V Virtualization' started by SaTiGrrrr, Jul 18, 2019.

1. SaTiGrrrr

SaTiGrrrr New Member

Hey there,

i have a small Homeserver based on Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN4F and want to get rid of may Raid Controller to save some power. So i thought going with storage spaces seems to be a good thing as i don't need that much speed. I just want to run 2x10TB WD Reds in a mirror. But unfortunately the drives don't spin down. If i use Intel RSTe with Raid 1 everything is working fine and the drives spin down after several minutes. Does Storage spaces support Spin Down at all? If yes what could be the reason that the drives don't spin down.
    Beside from that is there any way to see if a drive is in spin down mode with windows?
    Thx for your help!

2. cesmith9999

cesmith9999 Well-Known Member

Storage spaces does not support disk spin down.

Chris